Business at Shrewsbury Sixth Form College
Certificate (Year 1)
1. Business Environment
* Here we look at how different businesses are owned and organised.
* Also how a wide range of factors affect how a business operates and what it does e.g how would a business be affected by falling demand due to economic changes.
2. Business Resources
This unit is all about the resources that a business needs;
* Staff/human resources and how they recruit, train and co-ordinate them to work as a team; Finance and how to access the appropriate finance, interpreting financial statements .
* Managing the physical resources such as the IT etc.
Optional units (the college will choose 1 of these)
3. Introduction To Marketing
4. Business Communication
Subsidiary Diploma (Year 2)
Compulsory units - The optional unit from BTEC Certificate that was not covered
Optional Units - 2 units that the college will choose from a wide range of business related topics.
5 GCSEs at C grade or above with at least a D grade in mathematics and English Language.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Shrewsbury Sixth Form College directly.