Sport (Activity Leadership) - Level 2 Certificate at Vision West Nottinghamshire College
The course units include:
- Health, safety and welfare in sport and active leisure
- Set up, take down and store sport equipment
- Lead sport and leisure activities to a range of participants
- Safeguarding and protecting young people
- Working with disabled participants
- Plan, deliver and evaluate sporting activities
As part of the course you will be expected to complete a minimum of 20 hourswork placement for 'on the job' training and assessment
Functional Skills are a mandatory part of the course and you will be required to study either Maths, English or ICT which will be determined by your previous achievements in these subjects. These qualifications are designed to enhance your employment opportunities.
- Four GCSEs with at least 3 points (grade D) including English and maths or Level 1 Functional Skills English and maths OR
- A Level 1 BTEC in Public Services, or Level 1 BTEC in Sport and Leisure.
You will need to attend an interview with the tutor before being accepted on to the course. You may also need to supply at least one written reference from a teacher or employer (in some cases two) and/or your current school or college report.
Mature students (those aged 21 or over) who do not have the qualifications required for entry may still be eligible, subject to an interview. Relevant experience, a strong portfolio of work and a commitment to the subject you wish to study may be acceptable for certain courses.
What does the course lead to?
BTEC National Diploma in Sport
Employment in the sport industry in a wide variety of roles
- Leisure and sports managers
- Sports coaches, instructors and officials
- Sports and leisure assistants
- Fitness instructors
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Vision West Nottinghamshire College directly.