Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
This is a high quality, prestigious learning and development programme, valued by employers. Apprentices will develop their skills, knowledge and competence required to become a kitchen professional in such job roles as: Unit Manager - Contract Catering, Head of Reception, Front of House Manager, Duty/Hotel Supervisor/Manager, Regional Supervisor/Manager in a restaurant or pub chain with multiple outlets.
This Apprenticeship programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following components:
1. Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership - (competence)
2. Level 3 Award in Hospitality Supervision and Leadership Principles- (knowledge)
Units within the Level 3 Certificate include:
- Principles of leading a team in the Hospitality industry
- Supervision of Operations in the Hospitality industry
- Principles of Supervising Customer Service Performance in Hospitality Leisure Travel and Tourism
There are further units that are required to be taken dependent upon the job role and organisation the apprentice is in.
3. Functional Skills in English and Maths (Level 2) - if required
4. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) - mapped into NVQ Diploma
Suitability to the Apprenticeship programme will be established via a pre-course discussion with a sector specific Business Trainer, however you must be employed in a relevant role and have at least 9 months experience of working in the hospitality and catering industry. Successful completion of a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Hospitality and Catering
The Level 3 NVQ is assessed in the workplace via observations, collection of evidence, witness testimonies and professional discussions.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
Possible permanent employment in the industry in such job roles as: Assistant General Manager or Regional Manager Business Owner
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.