Business Studies A Level at Beths Grammar School
By taking a holistic approach to the subject, you will learn about the interrelated nature of business using business models, theories and techniques to support analysis of contemporary business issues and situations to provide a dynamic specification. The content is designed to engage you through topics and issues that are relevant in today’s society; for example, you will study key contemporary developments such as digital technology and business ethics, and globalisation.
A Level topics:
- What is business
- Managers, leadership and decision making.
- Decision making to improve marketing performance.
- Decision making to improve operational performance.
- Decision making to improve financial performance.
- Decision making to improve human resource performance.
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change.
The A-level is assessed by three two hour written exams at the end of the course.
- Paper 1: Multiple-choice questions, short answer and two essays.
- Paper 2: Three compulsory data response questions;
- Paper 3: One compulsory case study consisting of six questions.
Testing quantitative skills:
These assess quantitative skills, making a minimum of 10% of the overall marks.
The skills tested include ratios, averages, fractions, percentages and calculation of profit and loss.
Grade 6 at GCSE in Maths and Grade B at GCSE in either Business Studies or Economics or grade 6 at GCSE in either English language or English Literature
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Beths Grammar School directly.