Coaching Assistant Level 1 at Lawn Tennis Association Ltd
The level 1 coaching assistant course is the starting point for people who want to get into tennis coaching and become a coaching assistant. It will train people to:
- Organise tennis activity constructively and safely.
- Plan and deliver a structured lesson under the guidance of an accredited coach.
- Have basic knowledge of tactics, techniques and rules of tennis.
- Have a full understanding of the structure of Mini Tennis.
Minimum of three hours experience assisting an LTA licensed coach during the 3-6 week break.
Completion of Level 1 Portfolio.
Mini Tennis awards
On court assessment
- Be a minimum of 16 on the first day of the course.
- Have a signed letter of deployment from the club where coaching experience will be undertaken or request a letter of deployment from the course provider.
- Have coaching assistant experience organised before the course starts.
- On court practical assessment using course materials.
- Portfolio of evidence.
- Candidates must attend all the sessions on the course at the same venue and pass all elements of assessment to be successful.
Level 1 coaching assistant courses are delivered by coach education centres and external training providers
For dates and venues in your area please visit the coaching course search.
The next step in the coaching pathway is becoming a level 2 coaching assistant.
Please note, before you are able to apply, you will need to have an accepted criminal record check (or PVG in Scotland) processed through the LTA that is less than 12 months old and a valid first aid certificate.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lawn Tennis Association Ltd directly.