Sociology A level at South Bromsgrove High
Module 1 Title
Families and Households
- The relationship between the family and wider society, with reference to theories, the economy and social policies.
- Changing patterns of marriage, divorce, childbearing and other demographic trends
- Changing roles within the family and changes to childhood.
Module 2 Title
Education and Sociological Methods
- The role and purpose of education and relationships and processes within schools such as the hidden curriculum.
- The significance of educational policies and differential educational achievement.
- Sociological research methods.
Module 3 Title
Beliefs in Society
- Theories of ideology, science and religion.
- The debate about secularisation and global/religious trends.
- Religious organisations, movements and member
Module 4 Title
Crime & Deviance; Theory & Methods
- Different theories of crime, deviance, social order and social control.
- The social distribution of crime, crime control, prevention, punishment, victims and the role of the criminal justice system.
- Sociological theory and methods.
Sociology is relevant to a wide range of careers, for example in education, law, social work, nursing, social administration, marketing and business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Bromsgrove High directly.