Art and Design (3d Design Display) Level 3 Diploma at Hertford Regional College
- The retail visual merchandising industry sector provides jobs for more than 1.5 million people in the UK alone
- Students progress to careers in window display, events, theatre set or interior design
- Students develop a portfolio of work and employability skills for direct progression to higher education degree or employment
- Produce 3D Display design concepts, prop-making, technical drawing, scale model making
- Learn Merchandise handling, lighting techniques and display theory
- Create regular themed Display shows open to industry guests and the public
- Practice industry standard ways of working
- Enhance Personal presentation skills developed through group and individual work
- Investigate Historical, contextual and visual studies
- Develop appropriate skills/qualifications in English, Maths and software applications
- 200 GCSE entry points, including English Language at Grade C or have a Level 2 Diploma at Merit level
- A portfolio of examples of your art, technology or design work at interview
- We also welcome applications from students with relevant experience or qualifications - please ask when you apply
- You will complete coursework assignments towards 9 BTEC units in Year 1
- An additional 9 units are completed in Year 2 to attain the Extended Diploma
Free to those under 19 on 31st August 2016. If you are 19 or over on 31st August 2016, have been a permanent resident in the EU for the last three years, and are a fee paying new entrant you will pay £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). However, fee paying students continuing on the same course for a second year will be charged £1500 tuition fee (this was the fee for 2015/16 and could be subject to change for 2016/17). You will be required to pay an administration fee, exam fees, kit fee, materials fee and an Awarding Body Registration fee if applicable. For these costs please contact our Information Centre.
After successfully completing a BTEC Level 3 90 Credit Diploma, you can progress to a second and final year of specialist study with a BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma. Students develop a portfolio of work and employability skills for direct progression to higher education degree or employment.
- Produce an exhibition staged in purpose-built display studios
- Enrichment programme of course related trips and visits to London Museums, galleries and major retailers
- Work experience opportunities in the retail sector such as Selfridges, Harvey Nichols, John Lewis, IKEA, Marks & Spencer and All Saints.
- Live industry briefs and competitions throughout the academic year
- Participation in VM & Display Show at Business Design Centre, Islington London
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.