Vocational Studies BTEC Level 1 Diploma at St Vincent College
The Diploma in Vocational Studies offers learners the unique opportunity to explore several vocational subjects and provides a flexible and engaging learning programme for those who remain unsure of their direction at Level 1.
Students can opt for a mixed programme from vocational areas such as:
- Performing Arts
- Music Performance
- Media Studies
- Small Animal Care
- Forensic Science and Expedition Skills
- Health and Care
- Hospitality and Catering
- Sport and Active Leisure
- Hair and Beauty
Alternatively students can opt to follow a pathway based on a vocational sector that interests them e.g.:
- Public Services
- Creative Arts
- Service Industries
- Engineering and Construction
In addition to the above, Health Studies, Work Skills and Functional Skills complement the main programme.
Qualifications gained will include the following:
- BTEC Certificate or Diploma in Vocational Studies
- BTEC Level 1 Work Skills Award
- Functional Skills in Application of Number and Communication
The course is taught by specialist staff in cross-college disciplines.
Students are supported by LSAs in the classroom in every lesson.
Students will also participate in the following:
- Work Experience
- Next Steps (Careers Conference)
No formal entry requirements
• The course is portfolio based and is internally assessed then externally moderated
• Functional Skills may be assessed through examination
Students can progress to a vocational subject at Level 1 or 2, or alternatively opt for one of our Employability courses.
- Students undertaking the Diploma in Vocational Studies are usually appointed a Connexions adviser who works closely with the group throughout the year.
- Students may progress on to a vocational Level 1course, or if they’ve achieved a merit or distinction for their Diploma (and the associated functional skills) may be able to progress to a Level 2 course subject to a satisfactory interview.
- Other options can include moving on to training courses employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Vincent College directly.