Geography A Level at Verulam School
This course will help students understand change, conflict and the key issues which impact on our lives today and will affect our futures tomorrow.
Unit 1: Global Challenges
- World at Risk - Trends, patterns, challenge of hazards in the future
- Climate change - the causes, global impacts and options for the future
- Going Global - The challenge of the Globalizing World
Unit 2 - Geographical Investigations
Crowded Coasts and Rebranding are contemporary issues that are studied in the classroom and on two fieldtrips. A residential fieldtrip to Iceland and a day trip to East London Olympic site.
Unit 3 - Contested Planet
6 compulsory mini topics are covered:
- Energy security
- Water conflicts
- Biodiversity under threat
- Superpower geography
- Bridging the development gap
- The technological fix
Unit 4 - Geographical Research
- Students complete an in depth research about a contemporary issue.
B at GCSE. Considerations will be made for those who have not studied Geography at GCSE at the discretion of the Head of Department/Deputy Head.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Verulam School directly.