Management Advanced Apprenticeship at Truro and Penwith College
It is ideal for managers who have responsibility for a range of team activities and will develop the skills and confidence needed to manage a team effectively. This programme covers a broad range of topics, providing the opportunity to acquire knowledge and apply it in the work place.
Manage personal & professional development
- Learning styles
- Setting objectives
- Action planning
Principles of leadership & management
- Leadership and management principles
- Effective decision making
- Leadership styles and models
- Role of management
Principles of people management
- Team building
- Performance management
- Reward and recognition.
Promote Equality, diversity & inclusion in the workplace
- Organisational and personal aspects of equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Principles of Business
- Business principles
- Business markets
- Business innovation and growth
- Sales and marketing
- Principles of financial management
- Principles of business budgeting
Health & safety procedures in the workplace
- Responsibilities to maintain a healthy and safe work place
- Complying with its health & safety obligations.
Manage team performance
- Team performance
- Allocating work
- Managing quality
- Managing communication
Manage Conflict within a Team
- Reduce the potential for conflict
- Deal effectively with conflict within a team.
Manage individuals’ performance
- Management of underperformance in the workplace
- Managing individual performance
Manage individuals’ development in the workplace
- Performance appraisals
- Support the learning and development of individual team members.
- Identify opportunities for innovation
- Generate ideas for innovation and improvement
- Implement innovative ideas and improvements
Deliver a presentation
- Develop and deliver structured presentations
Assessment is through a combination of work-based assignments, structured answer questions, building a work-based evidenced portfolio and work place visits to assess competency in the work place. This course requires self-study outside of the scheduled sessions. Once all elements have been achieved, the apprenticeship will be awarded.
Working within a management role at least 30 hours a week.
The ILM Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship would enable learners to progress to the ILM Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Truro and Penwith College directly.