AS/A2 Mathematics at Sandringham School
- To use mathematical skills, arguments, knowledge and logic to solve quite complicated problems.
- You will also have to understand and demonstrate what is meant by proof in mathematics.
- To use the mathematics that you learn to solve problems that are given to you in a real life context.
AS & A2 Mathematics. We currently follow the Edexcel specification.
- AS Mathematics consists of 2 Core modules C1 & C2 and 1 applied module in either Probability and Statistics (S1) or Mechanics (M1).
- A2 Mathematics consists of 2 Core modules C3 & C4 and Decision 1 (D1).
Each module exam is 1 hour 30mins. There is no coursework requirement for AS/A2 Maths.
An average points score of 43 and at least a grade B in GCSE Maths; however it is strongly advised that you speak to your Mathematics teacher to discuss your suitability for ‘A’ level before applying. Securing a pass in AS level Mathematics is very challenging for students who only achieved a grade B at GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sandringham School directly.