Travel & Tourism BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Extended Certificate at Bishop Douglass School
This course is offered over two years.
The four units studied will give the students a complete overview of the travel and tourism sector, the UK and worldwide destinations and a customer experience. This will involve the preparation of three portfolios which will include the evidence of completed assignments. There will also be one externally assessed examination unit
Students must complete four units.
The topics that will be covered in each unit are as follows:-
Unit 1: The UK Travel and Tourism Sector (externally assessed)
- Understand the UK travel and tourism sector and it’s importance to UK economy
- Know about the industries and key organisations, within the travel and tourism sector, there roles and inter relaltionships
- Understand the role of consumer technology in the travel and tourism sector
Unit 2: UK Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Know UK travel and tourism destinations and gateways
- Investigate the appeal of UK tourism destinations for different types of visitors
- Plan UK holidays to meet the needs of different visitors
Unit 4: International Travel and Tourism Destinations
- Know the major international travel and tourism destinations and gateways
- Investigate the appeal of international travel and tourism destinations to different types of visitor
- Be able to plan international travel to meet the needs of visitors
Unit 6: The Travel and Tourism Customer Experience
- Investigate travel and tourism customer service
- Explore the needs and expectations of different types of customer in the travel and tourism sector
- Understand the importance of customer service to travel and tourism organisations
The assignments themselves are quite substantial and will be broken down into a number of tasks with separate deadlines. It is essential that students keep up to date with these deadlines because the feedback given by the teacher once they have been marked will allow students to improve their grade. Students who miss the deadline will miss out on this feedback.
Regular attendance and strict adherence to deadlines are, therefore, essential.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bishop Douglass School directly.