Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 2 Certificate at CSM Training
Learners who work in a Teaching Assistant, Classroom Assistant or Learning Support Assistant role working under the direction of a teacher, contributing to preparing the classroom for learning activities. Working with groups of and individual pupils and who require extra support.
Around 20 weeks but the exact timescale will be agreed at the initial planning meeting.
The Mandatory units are:
- Unit 1 Child and Young Person Development
- Unit 2 Communication and Professional Relationships with Children, Young People and Adults
- Unit 3 Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in Work with Children and Young People
- Unit 4 Help Improve own and team practice in Schools
- Unit 5 Maintain and Support Relationships with Children and Young People
- Unit 6 Safeguarding the Welfare of Children and Young People
- Unit 7 Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety
- Unit 8 Support Children and Young People's Positive Behaviour
- Unit 9 Support Learning Activities
There are also a number of Optional units that will be chosen at the initial planningmeeting.
Example of theses units are:
- Unit 10 Schools as Organisations
- Unit 13 Invigilate Tests and Examinations
- Unit 19 Support Children and Young People at Meal or Snack Times
- Unit 20 Support Children and Young People with Disabilities and Special Education Needs
On completion of this qualification learners will have opportunities to move into other roles across the wider children's workforce e.g. child care, play work or youth work as well as the following qualifications:-
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Level 2 qualification in Children's Care, Leraning and Development, Play work or Youth work for those wishing to transfer to other areas working with children and young people.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CSM Training directly.