Leisure Management Level 3 Apprenticeship at Bridgwater College
Individuals already working in the Leisure industries who wish to study through work based learning. The course places great emphasis on practical ability backed up with an understanding of the principles involved. The Advanced Apprenticeship in Leisure Management offers high quality training, to meet the Leisure Industry standards. The qualifications are designed by the industry for employers and this ensures that the training applicants receive will equip them with the skills needed.
Whilst at work, students will receive comprehensive practical training designed to develop competence in carrying out relevant real-life leisure tasks that the employer will value.
The course is divided into three sections
- Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning
- NVQ Certificate in Leisure Management
- NVQ Diploma in Leisure Management
Course content will be tailored to the needs of the individual but will include;
- Understanding how to lead a team in active leisure
- Plan, organise and evaluate active leisure services
- Promote learning and development in active leisure
- Ensure the health, safety, welfare and security of customers and staff in an active leisure environment
- Marketing in Active Leisure
- GCSEs in the A*– C range
- Initial assessment
- Practical assessment
- Portfolio of evidence
Applicants will be visited regularly by a qualified Assessor to check on progression and to ensure that they are building evidence towards their final qualification.
Successful completion of the course could lead to employment opportunities as a qualified Leisure Centre Manager. Students may then progress to study a Foundation Degree at Level 4 and 5 within Sports Coaching, Health, Fitness & Exercise, Sports Development, Sports Science and Leisure Management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.