Engineering Level 2 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you interested in pursuing an exciting career in Mechanical Engineering? This course provides you with the introductory skills and knowledge to prepare you for work in a variety of engineering roles, in both the service and manufacturing industries.
The course is work-related, and you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations. The qualification is valued by both employers and universities, and will prepare you for both professional and educational progress.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- practical workshop sessions
- classroom sessions
- student centred work
- virtual learning environment (MOODLE).
- 2 GCSEs, with grade D or above (to include a Language, Maths and Science), or
- Engineering Level 1, or
- Equivalent qualifications and/or experience will be considered on an individual case basis.
- Places on the programme are subject to interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portffolios of work
- Performance and observation
- Demonstration of practical skills
- Online examination.
Completion of this course gives a number of options for progression including a full-time Level 3 course in order to further develop your knowledge, skills and prospects.
Alternatively you could apply for an apprenticeship and complete a Level 3 NVQ on a day release basis.
Areas of Engineering available to you will include; manufacturing, maintenance, tool making and technical support. You will also have the choice of working in more specialised areas of engineering if you continue through further training. This is an industry-recognised qualification that develops engineering knowledge and skills.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Electrical Engineering Level 3, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- Engineering (Electrical / Electronic Engineering) Level 3, available at: Bangor and Rhos-on-Sea
- Engineering (Engineering) Level 3, available at Dolgellau, Pwllheli and Rhos-on-Sea
- Engineering (Wind Turbine Maintenance) Level 3, available at Rhos-on-Sea.
Apprenticeships, Technicians & Engineers in:
- CNC Programmer
- Power & Energy
- Wind Turbine
Programme code: 0401A02B
This programme is available bilingually at the following campus(es):
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.