BTEC in Production Arts at Bitterne Park School
This course is designed to develop your skills in production aspects of the performing arts. You will learn about a range of technical areas including stage management, lighting and sound.
The course is made up of six units:
- Assistant Stage Manager - you will carry out the role of ASM in a live performance.
- Production Arts Workshop - you will work as part of a production team to deliver a workshop.
- Stage Lighting - you will carry out the role of lighting technician in a live performance.
- Deputy Stage Manager - you will carry out the role of DSM in a live performance.
- Technical Stage Operations - you will be taught to use lighting, sound and video equipment in a performance situation.
- Stage Sound - you will carry out the role of sound engineer in a live performance.
Why this course
This course is ideal for students interested in developing skills learnt in BTEC Music/Drama. It is designed to develop your understanding of and ability to carry out a range of technical roles.
You will need a minimum of five C grades at GCSE including English and Maths. Students studying BTEC Production Arts should have a pass in BTEC Music/Drama and/or some experience of working in a technical role during Key Stage 4.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bitterne Park School directly.