Business Studies A and AS level at The Heathland School
Business gives students the opportunity to gain a sound understanding of many business concepts and their effects on society. Students will gain a critical understanding of organisations and the markets they serve. Students will gain a range of transferable skills, including decision-making, in light of business information.
- Paper 1 (1 hour 30 mins / 50% of AS): Three compulsory sections. Section A: Ten multiple choice questions. Section B: short answer questions. Section C: two data response stimuli.
- Paper 2 (1 hour 30 mins / 50% of AS): One compulsory case study consisting of seven questions.
A level units
- Paper 1 (2 hours / 33.3% of A-Level): Three compulsory sections. Section A: 15 multiple choice questions. Section B: short answer questions. Section C and D: two essay questions.
- Paper 2 (2 hours/33.3% of A-Level): Three data response compulsory questions.
- Paper 3 (2 hours / 33.3% of A-Level): One compulsory case study.
Students must attain at least 5 A*-C grades including English Language and Mathematics and a total point score of 42+ in the student’s best 8 subjects to follow this course.
tudents with AS or A level Business have access to a wide range of possible career and higher education opportunities. You can start a career in business armed with an excellent knowledge of how businesses operate. In particular you will have a head start in careers within Accountancy, Marketing and Human Resources.
Business combines well with a range of social science, humanities, and mathematics subjects to lead to University subjects in such areas as Business, Economics, Law and Accountancy.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Heathland School directly.