Medical Administration Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
This course provides you with the knowledge and skills to meet the specialist administrative and secretarial needs of a range of health care occupations as found in hospitals, community health, general and private practice, research, the pharmaceutical industry and complementary medicine.
The qualifications have been designed to enable candidates to progress directly into employment.
This course prepares you for reception and admin work in any section of the health care service. This includes general medical practices, dental practices, hospital wards, medical records offices, opticians and health authorities. The course is suitable for those with no previous experience, and will allow you to obtain the fundamental knowledge to enter this type of employment. It is available on a part-time or full-time basis, so can suit a range of circumstances.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Taught sessions in classroom and IT suite settings, using discussion, exercises, activities, worksheets, assignments, direct instructions, lecture sessions, videos and other learning methods
- You will also benefit from a number of outside visits, and from guest lecturers/speakers
- Homework will form an integral part of the course
- Work experience is a compulsory part of the course, and the college will assist in making the necessary arrangements.
One of the following would be advisable:
- 4 GCSE passes at Grade C or above, or
- Medical Administration Level 2, or
- Relevant experience working within medical administration.
A good standard of written English is required, so GCSE English at Grade C or above, or an equivalent qualification, is highly desirable.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Nationally set assessments
- External tests
- Portfolio of evidence for the work experience
Completion of this course will give you a number of options in education and employment. You will have gained important skills for a career in secretarial and admin work, and will have specialised knowledge for a range of medical workplaces. 90% of our learners gain employment within the sector.
You could proceed onto a number of higher education programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- HNC/D Business Studies, available at Bangor
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Management and Business, available at Rhos-on-Sea
- BA (Hons) Management and Business, available at Rhos-on-Sea.
- Legal Secretary
- Medical Administrator
- Office Assistant
- Office Manager
- Personal Assistant
Programme code: 1502E03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.