Early Years Practitioner (Early Years Educator) Level 3 Diploma at People And Business Development Ltd
Anyone working as a practitioner in a wide range of children and young people’s settings. From 1 September, to count at Level 3 under the EYFS, all new entrants must register for a qualification mapped against the Early Years Educator criteria (although predecessor qualifications such as the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce will continue to be recognised as ‘full and relevant’ for the purpose of the EYFS).
The Level 3 EYE Diploma consists of 17 mandatory units amounting to 64 credits in total. Elective units are also available (at additional cost) but these do not count towards the qualification and are offered by way of additional professional development.
The mandatory units are:
- Developing effective study skills
- Promote partnership working with parents
- Model, promote and support positive behaviour with children
- Principles of safeguarding policies and procedures in early years settings
- Promoting diversity, equality and inclusion in the early years sector
- Working in partnership with colleagues and other professionals in early years settings
- Plan and implement activities, play opportunities and educational programmes in an early years setting
- Promoting children’s health and welfare in an early years setting
- Promoting the health and safety of children
- Promote children’s speech, language and communication development
- Support organisational requirements for recording, storing and disclosing information and providing reports in an early years setting
- Supporting children’s creative and imaginative play and experiences
- Supporting children experiencing transitions and significant events in the early years
- Theories which underpin practice in the early years sector
- Child development from conception to 7 years n Observation and assessment in the early years sector
A Level 3 EYE Diploma allows you to manage a setting. However, you can develop your career further by undertaking the Level 5 Diploma in Early Years Leadership. This is a challenging programme offering excellent career progression and professional development while also acting as a bridge to higher education: PBD has arrangements with several leading universities under which anyone who completes the Level 5 Diploma with PBD is guaranteed access directly to the second year of a degree programme and, if they wish, subsequently achieve Early Years Teacher status.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact People And Business Development Ltd directly.