Barbering Apprenticeship Level 2 at Montebello Training LTD
Based on the national occupational standards for barbering, this qualification includes all the required elements to work effectively as a junior barber.
Mandatory and optional units are combined to achieve the required number of credits. Topics covered are as follows:
- Cut men’s hair using basic techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men’s hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work.
Plus a choice from the following to achieve the required number of credits:
- Relax hair
- Assist with shaving services
- Colour and lighten men’s hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Plait and twist hair
- Temporarily attach hair to enhance a style
- Fulfil salon reception duties
Throughout this qualification, students will develop their knowledge and understanding of the relevant anatomy, physiology and health and safety. Students will also develop their communication, customer service and commercial skills all of which are highly valued by employers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Montebello Training LTD directly.