BTEC Award in Music at The Priory City of Lincoln academy
What is this course?
BTEC Award in Music.
This course will ensure you:
- Develop your performance skills on your chosen instrument;
- Widen your knowledge of musical styles;
- Gain a qualification in your talents.
What does the course require of me?
- To get involved and work hard in your practical sessions.
- To be organized.
- To be committed to playing your instrument.
- To work well in a team and individually.
- To be creative.
- To be open to suggestions by looking at different styles of Music.
- To want to play music!
If I complete this course which future pathways can I follow?
There is an opportunity to take Music or Music Technology AS /A Level in the Sixth Form, which could lead to a further education course in Music at either university or a music college. Music related careers are varied and include some of the following: teaching; performance; music industry; television/radio; music librarian; audio engineering; music arranging; music composition; recording engineer; music software development publishing; conducting; film scoring; recording editing; virtual reality sound environments (internet, games, programmes); music therapy.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Priory City of Lincoln academy directly.