Performing Arts BTEC Diploma at Havering Sixth Form College
The course is concerned with developing your interest and enjoyment in Performing Arts, both as participants and the audience. You will study a combination of practice and theory and develop both your performing and academic skills.
- To develop your individual and ensemble acting and performance skills.
- To act and perform in a wide range of different drama and theatre productions.
- To stage devised performances and performances based on pre-existing texts to help you understand the performance process
- To explore different aspects of theatre history and understand it’s place within popular culture, and to explore various playwrights and study important plays from Shakespeare to the present day.
- To develop an understanding of how the actor and director interpret a text from a variety of critical perspectives.
One GCSE grade B and 4 grade Cs including English Language. Students will also need to perform an audition for this course.
Exam Board – Edexcel
Practical performances and coursework.
£40 - Theatre visits, which students will need to pay for, will form an important part of the course.
Students may progress to a degree level qualification in Performing Arts, Music or Dance and/or apprenticeships or training opportunities in the Performing Arts industries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Havering Sixth Form College directly.