Business Studies - A Level at Katharine Lady Berkeley's School
Business A level is designed to demonstrate the interrelated nature of business using business models, theories
and techniques to support analysis of contemporary business issues and situations. Therefore students, in addition
to studying more traditional topics such as marketing, finance, operations and HR, will investigate relevant current
issues such as digital technology, supply chain management, business ethics and globalisation. Furthermore, the
new specification introduced in September 2015 has been intentionally devised to be more academically rigorous
than its predecessors.
Students will investigate;
• What is business?
• Managers, leadership and decision making
• Decision making to improve marketing performance, operational performance, financial performance and
human resource performance
In addition to the above components, students will also investigate;
• Analysing the strategic position of a business
• Choosing strategic direction
• Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
• Managing strategic change
B in Business Studies OR Grade 5 in at least one English GCSE AND Grade 4 in Mathematics.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Katharine Lady Berkeley's School directly.