Sport: Development, Coaching and Fitness (Level 3 90 Credit Diploma) at Central College Nottingham
This course is ideal if you wish to pursue a career in the Sport and Leisure industry including Sport Development Officer, Sport Performer and Coaching, PE Teaching or Working in the Health, Fitness and Exercise Industry.
There are excellent opportunities to gain experience in a range of roles at local, national and international sporting events.
The course is for 1 year with most learners extending their course into a 2nd year studying the Extended Diploma.
The 90 credit diploma is the course you should apply for should you wish to be part of the hockey academy
Units could include:
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Physiology of Sport
- Fitness Training
- Exercise Health and Lifestyle
- Assessing Risk in Sport and Sport Coaching
- Analysis of Sport Performance and Talent ID
- Sport Development
- Fitness Testing
- Instructing Physical Activity and Exercise
- Practical Team and Individual Sport
- Sport Events
- Current Issues in Sport
- Outdoor Adventure
- Sport Massage and Sport Injuries
- Sport Psychology
- Leadership and Rules and Regulations
- Nutrition and Exercise for Specific Groups.
English and Maths are an essential part of your studies and will help you succeed on your course. These subjects will help you develop confidence and are the key employability skills that all employers now look for when recruiting.
One of the following:
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English Language and Maths*
- A relevant Level 2 qualification including GCSE English Language and Maths* at grade A*-C
*Functional Skills may be accepted instead of GCSE English and/or Maths. Functional Skills Level 1 is equivalent to GCSE Grade D and Level 2 to GCSE Grade C.Adults who are aged 19+ with relevant industry experience but without the necessary qualifications are welcome to apply.
Assessment is from a wide range of methods. These include essays, reports, practical coaching, practical performance, discussions and presentations.
- Extended Diploma in Sport (Year 2)
- CYQ in Personal Training and other related qualifications
- Employment Sport Apprenticeship
To support your application we will ask you to bring in a school report.
There may be opportunities for external visits and trips. You will need to purchase a sports kit (approximately £85) for use in practical sessions and at external events.
You will be expected to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Central College Nottingham directly.