Engineering BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at Queen Katharine Academy
The BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Engineering has been developed with the engineering sector to give students better opprotunities to enetre employment in the mechanical engineering or to continue vocational qualifcations. It will also help learners develop a range of skills and attributes essential for successful performance working in the sector. The Engineering sector continues to suffer from a skills gap and needs to keep up in a rapidly developing market. The course will give you the skills required to be able to enter this sector succesfully.
You will gain and develop knowledge and skills in the relevant areas:
- understanding key features of health and safety in the workplace inclduing identifying hazards, risk assessments and control.
- understanding fundamental elctrical/ electronic prinicpkes including: voltage, curent, resistance and capacitace in DC circits along with basic AC theory.
- ability to sketch products, understand/ read formal design drawings, produce formal design drawings and use computers o produce deisgn drawings CAD.
5 Grade A*-Cs, preferably including English and Maths.
All units are internally assessed. Units may include:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicans
- Electrical and Electronic Priniciples
- Engineering Drawing
- Computer Aided Manufacturing
- Principles and Applications of Electronic Devices and Circuits
The course will allow students to progress to further and higher education in the Engineering sector or other related sectors. It will also allow progression in to employment or training within the Engineering sector.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.