Customer Services Apprenticeship at Uxbridge College
This apprenticeship teaches you the skills to provide excellent customer service, and can be applied to hundreds of job roles across many different sectors, from government to telecommunications.
Good customer service is key to the success of any business or organisation. It’s one of those useful skills that’s found all over the place and covers all the extras that make a customer’s experience better.
As a Customer Service Apprentice, you’ll probably work at the front end of an employer’s business activities and regularly assist customers. Duties will vary between sectors, but in most cases you’ll be making sure that customers are dealt with in a positive, reliable and pleasant way.
Here are a few examples of the units you may study –
- Understand the principles of customer service
- Communicate using customer service language.
- Understand the principles of customer service delivery in different sectors
- Impression and image, delivery, handling problems and development and improvement.
- Aged 16+
- Working in or interested in Customer service
- Have English and Maths GCSE A-C or equivalent
- Need to complete a basic skills assessnebt in numeracy and literacy
Assessments are carried out in your workplace.
Our assessor will come and visit you at work every 6-8 weeks and assess you in your job role. Visits usually last around two hours.
There is no cost for you to do an apprenticeship if you are 16-23 years old and you will be paid a wage.
NUS Apprentice extra Card
Apprentices can get discounts at over 120 high street and online retailers, please visit www.apprenticeextra.co.uk for more information.
Apprentice Oyster photocard
Apprentices can get up to 30% discounts on travel within London Borough. For more information, please visit https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payments/adultdiscounts-and-concessions/apprentice-oysterphotocard
- Further study: If you complete a Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be able to progress onto Level 3. Apprentices that complete Level 3 may be able to go onto a Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
- Job opportunities: Level 2: Customer service trainee / assistant / representative and agent. Level 3: Customer relationship manager / cocoordinator and team leader.
Contact our apprenticeships department on
- 01895 853622 / 01895 853333
Please see the frequently asked questions section on the next page for more information!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Uxbridge College directly.