Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools - Advanced Level 3 at Lowestoft College
This course is made up of a number of mandatory units including:
- Communication and professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people’s positive behaviour
- Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in work with children and young people
- Support assessment for learning
- Understand how to safeguard the welfare of children and young people
- Support children and young people’s health and safety
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children’s and young people’s settings
Optional units will also be studied and are agreed by the learner and assessor/employer.
This apprenticeship covers a range of additional elements including functional skills in English, maths and ICT.
- Teaching / Classroom/ Learning Support Assistant
Work may involve supporting an individual or a group of pupils, or supporting the teacher in the classroom.
- Behaviour Support Assistant /Coordinator
Supporting, motivating and challenging pupils who are underachieving;
helping pupils overcome barriers to learning caused by behavioural problems
- Pastoral / Welfare
Supporting, motivating and challenging pupils who are underachieving; helping pupils overcome barriers to learning caused by social and emotional problems.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft College directly.