Entry Level 3 Diploma in Skills for Working Life - Introduction to Land-Based Learning at Hadlow College
This programme is designed for those students, with an interest in the land-based industies, who are working at Entry Level and wish to develop a wide range of work related, personal and social skills. Students are supported as they embark on their learning journey. There is a high practical content to help develop a basic understanding of the land-based sector and regular achievement and progression helps to develop your confidence, motivation and self esteem. English and Maths are also included so that the whole programme helps to develop the skills needed to move on to further learning and gain credits at both Entry and Level 1.
The programme is designed to give a wide range of learning experiences within the land-based sector.
In addition, students will work towards preparing for the work place allowing progression into a range of employment placements.
Units of learning also include:
- Lift and handle safely
- Work safely
- Community action
- Prepare and attend an interview
- Working as part of a group
- Working towards goals
- Make a country basket arrangement
- Recognise parts of a plant
- Harvest a crop
- Clean farm animal housing
- Recognise a healthy farm animal
- Maintain an area of habitat
- Recognise trees and plants in relation to wildlife
- Characteristics and breeds of poultry
- Groom a small animal
- Poultry housing and bedding
- Check that a small animal is healthy
- Recognise types and parts of the body of small animals
- Functional Skills: Maths and English
Applicants should demonstrate an interest in the curriculum area and have achieved Entry Level 1 Maths and Entry Level 1 English.
Successful students can progress within the Foundation Learning Programme, from Entry Level 3 to a Level 1 course e.g Level 1 Land-Based Horticulture or Countryside, or can explore employment or supported employment opportunities within the industry.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.