Art and Design GCSE at Queensbury School
GCSE Art is an interesting but demanding practical course which covers a range of drawing, painting and other creative techniques and processes. All candidates should have a definite and recognisable talent for art but, more importantly, a high level of enthusiasm and commitment. Students considering opting for art should certainly discuss their choice with their art teacher, who will be happy to offer guidance and further details of the course. Parents too are invited to contact the department for advice and information.
The Course In Year 10, students will complete a range of projects intended to develop their skills in working from observation and imagination and offers opportunities for students to work on an individual basis. They will work in a number of different styles, techniques and media. Each assignment completed during the two years of the course is retained for assessment, so consistent effort and hard work - lesson by lesson - is crucial to success. Work done at home also forms an integral part of the course - it is neither optional nor an 'added extra'. It gains marks without which the student will not achieve a satisfactory grade. To this end, all students will be required to keep a sketchbook throughout the course in order to practice drawing techniques, collect information, develop ideas and complete research into the work of other artists and art movements. Assessment Lesson by lesson Coursework (and homework) carries 60% of the marks available. The remaining 40% is awarded for a final 10 hour Examination piece. Success in both the Coursework and Examination elements is vital to the achievement of a high grade.
Assessment Lesson by lesson Coursework (and homework) carries 60% of the marks available. The remaining 40% is awarded for a final 10 hour Examination piece. Success in both the Coursework and Examination elements is vital to the achievement of a high grade.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Queensbury School directly.