Domestic Heating Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
The programme covers a range of practical skills and underpinning knowledge and includes the following four components:
1. NVQ Diploma in Installing & Maintaining Domestic Heating Systems (Level 2)
- Carry out safe working practices in building services engineering
- Communicate with others within Building Services Engineering (BSE)
- Apply environmental protection measures (BSE)
- Apply scientific principles within mechanical services engineering
- Carry out site preparation, and pipework fabrication techniques for domestic plumbing and heating systems
- Install and maintain domestic central heating systems
- Apply cold water system installation & maintenance techniques for domestic hot and cold water systems
- Apply safe working practices in building services engineering working environment
2. Functional Skills: English & Maths Level 2, ICT Level 1
3. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
The NVQ Diploma is achieved through the creation of a site diary including workplace evidence and supported by on site assessments. Apprentices also attend Aldershot College once a week to learn the knowledge required to do the job, and to develop their skills. In addition, there are regular progress monitoring and support visits to the workplace.
The training programme is intended for new or existing staff working in the Domestic Heating Industry. The entry criteria are staff aged 16 and over with GCSEs A*-C in Maths and English. GCSE’s will be considered along with the results of an initial assessment.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.