BTEC IT level 3 at Ark St Alban's Academy
BTEC Level 3 IT
This course focuses on the education and training of IT professionals and those that wish to go onto further study of Computer Science or IT. Students will study a wide range of content which will prepare them for work and study in this field.
What you will study:
Equivalent in size to 3 A levels
Applied General TOTAL: 13 UNITS
A two-year, full-time course - in-depth study of the computing sector.
7 mandatory and 6 optional units
- Principles of Computer Science
- Fundamentals of Computer Systems
- Planning and Management of Computing projects
- Software design and development project
- IT Systems Security and Encryption
- Business Applications of Social Media
- The impact of Computing
Internal assignments: Set and marked by the centre.
• External Tasks: Practical tasks, set and marked by Pearson.
• Written exams: Written answers to practical questions set and marked by Pearson.
• Synoptic units: Students can demonstrate that they can apply skills, knowledge and techniques learned across the qualification. See pages 10 and 20 for details of synoptic units
University and Apprenticeships
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.