Music Technology A Level at Claremont High School Academy
The recording industry is becoming increasingly competitive. At the same time, it is growing in accessibility to people of all ages and financial budgets. Music Technology provides young musicians and artists with a medium to write and record their own music, which is an essential part of today’s music industry which depends largely on internet exposure and distribution. This A-Level equips students with the skills they need to create professional sounding music using music production technology. It places an emphasis on practical tasks and exposes students to a wide range of skills commonly used in the music industry today.
Music Technology, like other forms of technology, advances rapidly. This course provides opportunities to embrace recent developments in the field. It involves much practical work and encourages the cultivation of a wide range of skills including:
- Audio editing and processing
- Recording live instruments
- Music Production
- Composing using Music Technology
Career and University Destinations: The Music Technology A-Level has been widely accepted by higher education providers and this course will continue to provide valuable experience and preparation for students to study the course in higher education. Music Technology careers could include work as a sound engineer or record producer, as well as other technologically based media industries such as film, television, radio and live events.
- Students are given the chance to record their own tracks in the studio outside curriculum time to be featured on the school CD and performed at the album launch night
- Opportunities to mentor younger students in music technology clubs
- Opportunities to manage the live sound for numerous school events, including the school’s annual major production
- Opportunities to record younger students’ tracks for the school CD
- Trips to see live music
GCSE Music grade B or equivalent standard
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Claremont High School Academy directly.