Applied Science at UTC Leeds
This course has been designed to enable students to develop their knowledge and understanding of scientific principles and to provide students with an opportunity to develop transferable skills such as problem-solving, research and communication.
Students will cover topics such as:
• scientific principles associated with the application of biology, chemistry and physics
• experimental and practical techniques associated with applied science
• the roles and skills of scientists, and the public and media perception of science.
The course is split into six units:
1. Key concepts in Science
2. Applied experimental techniques
3. Science in the modern world
4. The human body
5. Investigating science
6. Microbiology or Medical Physics or Organic Chemistry
There are no specific requirements for entry to this course. Candidates will need to achieve 5; A*-C GCSE grades to start on A Level programs at the UTC.
Each of the 6 units represents 16.6% of the final Extended Certificate grade.
There are no costs involved in studying this course.
All courses at UTC Leeds will allow progression to University, Apprenticeship or the world of work. You will be prepared academically and will have the skills needed for employment.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.