EAL Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 Pre-Apprenticeship Foundation Programme at Coleg Sir Gar
- Designed to cover candidates who are acquiring engineering competencies in a sheltered, controlled environment
- Enables students to provide evidence that they can perform a particular job or skill
- Optional units are available to suite the needs of individuals and industry
- The qualification provides a good foundation with flexibility to meet both current engineering practices and ones in the future
- No written examinations
- Assessment is based on the completion of a Portfolio of units that includes evidence to satisfy performance criteria that involves practical work, logbook entries and knowledge questions
- Progression from PEO Level 1 or an equivalent qualification
- Successful completion can result in progression to a BTEC or C&G course of an appropriate level
The course recognises what a person is able to do at work including the skills and knowledge needed to execute the job, the ability to organise work and spotting and preventing problems.
This course is available to students sponsored by an employer and those wishing to follow a pre-apprenticeship programme. Individual employers will determine the specific entry qualifications but typically applicants should have achieved a minimum of three GCSE Grades A-C including English, maths and science subjects or NVQ level 1 or other equivalent qualifications.
Continuous assessment of practical coursework and portfolio development.
The PEO qualification can provide a foundation with flexibility to meet both current engineering practices and ones in the future. It can provide the foundation needs for modern apprenticeships in engineering or manufacturing when appropriate evidence routes are selected. It is possible to progress to technician or engineer status by advancing to NVQ level 3, City and Guilds courses or Edexcel programmes of study.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.