Psychology A-Level at Wales High School and Business and Enterprise College with Applied Learning
This A-Level is linear and it is a two year course. Psychology is the science of human mind, behaviour and experience. It considers how individuals are influenced in what they do. It is a challenging subject which allows students to learn more about themselves and others. It is therefore essential that you can think critically about research and issues.
The Examination Board for this course is AQA.
Where can this lead?
Psychology is useful for a range of degree level subjects and courses including: Psychology, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and many others.
Students who take Psychology develop skills and knowledge suitable for a range of careers including: Medicine, Nursing, Teaching, Law, Sports psychology, Forensic psychology and Social Work.
- Paper 1: Introductory topics in Psychology – (96 marks - written exam 2hrs, 33.3% of A-Level)
The topics covered are: - Social Influence
- Paper 2: Psychology in context - (96 marks - written exam 2hrs, 33.3% of A-Level)
The topics covered are: - Approaches in Psychology
- Research Methods
- Paper 3: Issues and Options in Psychology - (96 marks - written exam 2hrs, 33.3% of A-Level)
The topics covered are: - Issues and Debates in Psychology (compulsory)
Revision and study skills support sessions are available for all students. You will have the opportunity to attend revision conferences with principle examiners.
Five GCSEs at grade 5 or above including a grade 5 or above in English Language as well as a grade 5 or above in Science or Mathematics.
- Psychology is purely exam based. There are no coursework components.
- A-Level Psychology is a two year linear course. All exams are completed in the summer of Year 13. No GCSE in Psychology is required to be successful at A-Level.
Follow the link to see our Social Science Student Profiles: http://www.waleshigh.com/student-profiles/
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.