Physical Education A Level at Haverstock School
The Physical Education specification takes a multidisciplinary approach, encouraging the development of different methods of enquiry drawn from a wide range of disciplines. The focal point is on the performer and the performance. The specifications are based on the interaction between the theory and practice of Sport and Physical Education.
- application of anatomical and physiological knowledge
- acquiring, performing and teaching movement skills
- contemporary studies in Physical Education
- exercise and sport physiology
- the response of the body to performance and training
- historical studies in physical education
- psychology of sport performance
-comparative studies in physical education
6+ GCSE Grade A*–C including at least a C in GCSE Physical Education or equivalent
AS Level – Examination 2 hours = 60%, Coursework = 40%, Evaluation and Planning, Practical Performance
A2 Level Examination 2½ hours = 70%, Coursework = 30%, Evaluation and Planning, Practical Performance
A Level PE leads onto many sports-related degree courses and is also valuable for medical-related courses such as occupational therapy and physiotherapy. Its wide variety of skills sets will stand you in good stead for most university courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Haverstock School directly.