Plumbing and Heating Apprenticeship Level 2 at South Gloucestershire and Stroud College*
This framework is designed to provide new entrants and those seeking progression in their career with the opportunity to develop competencies needed to carry out job roles and responsibilities associated with the installation, maintenance, commissioning and servicing of domestic plumbing and heating systems. This includes relevant environmental technologies, technological requirements and changes and statutory and non-statutory regulations and requirements.
Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Plumbing and Heating
- Safe Working Practices
- Communicate with Others
- Environmental Protection Measures within Building Services Environment
- Apply Safe Working Practices in the Workplace Environment
- Site Preparation and Pipework Fabrication Techniques
- Domestic Cold Water System Installation and Maintenance
- Domestic Hot Water System Installation and Maintenance Techniques
- Domestic Central Heating System Installation and Maintenance Techniques
- Scientific Principles within Mechanical Engineering Services
- Domestic Rainwater System Installation and Maintenance Techniques
- Domestic Above Ground Drainage System Installation and Maintenance Techniques
- Install and Maintain Domestic Plumbing and Heating Systems
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where applicable)
- Employment Rights & Responsibilities
- Personal Learning & Thinking Skills
Applicants must have a level 2 NVQ qualification in Plumbing and Heating, Heating and Ventilation or a minimum of 5 years on-site experience.
Advanced Apprenticeship in Plumbing and Heating – Gas, Solar, Thermal, Environmental.
Employment as a qualified Plumber, or progress into a specialist field such as a Heating or a Gas Engineer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Gloucestershire and Stroud College* directly.