Geography A Level at Whitley Bay High School
Geography (meaning to 'write about the Earth') is the study of natural landscapes (physical geography) and of people and their environment (human geography). In this course you will learn about the physical and human processes that affect places and environments that shape the world in which we live.
- Section A - Water and Carbon Cycles
- Section B - either Hot Deserts environments and their margins or Coastal Systems and Landscapes
- Section C - either Hazards or Ecosystems under stress or Cold Environments
- Section A - Global Systems and Global Governance
- Section B - Changing Places
- Section C - either Contemporary Urban Environments or Population and the Environment or Resource Security
At least a grade B in GCSE Geography.
2x 2hr30 Examinations
A report of 3,000-4,000 words
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Whitley Bay High School directly.