Art and Design (Photography) Level Three BTEC Extended Diploma at East Riding College
This course is for anyone wishing to pursue a career in photography or in related industries. You will gain both practical skills and theoretical knowledge, which will prepare you for continued study at a higher level or entry into employment.
- Photographic media and technology
- Ideas and concepts
- Digital image capturing and editing
- Studio photography
- Location photography
- Experimental imagery in photography
- Image manipulation using computer applications
- Narrative image making
- Level two qualification at distinction grade or four GCSEs at grade A* to C including English.
- Successful interviewwitha selection of images through a portfolio showing creative enthusiasm as well as demonstrating motivation and commitment to the course
- An initial assessment
This course is assessed through practical activities and written coursework depending on the subject matter, a large portion of coursework is assessed through projects.
Successful completion of the extended diploma qualification, similar or other further study, to employment within the industry and to higher education courses. The extended diploma will qualify you for entry onto foundation degree or undergraduate degree programmes at universities and colleges throughout the country. This includes our Foundation Degree (FdA) in Applied Digital Media or the BA (Hons) Degree in Photography, BA (Hons) Degree in Fine Art Photography and BA in Media (Journalism)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact East Riding College directly.