A Level English Language at Fulford School
This is a stimulating and challenging course that focuses on the study
of the English language, from its origins to everyday usage. Throughout
the course students will develop sophisticated analytical skills through
close textual investigation of language from specific social contexts. They
will learn about linguistics, language development and develop a greater
insight into the way we use language and how language is used upon us.
As well as the analytical study of texts students will also be given the
opportunity to develop their own writing skills through the completion of
their own original writing for arrange of different purposes and audiences.
The course is assessed by exams covering the study of language.
- An interest in language usage and
the way language works
- The ability to analyse, discuss and question
- A willingness to work with others and contribute in seminar discussions
- A readiness to engage in wider reading and background study
- An interest in completing independent research
- Grade C in English Language and Literature
The course forms a basis for further specialist study at degree level. It is
good preparation for anyone interested in journalism, law and the media.
It provides valuable skills of analysis and expression that are valued in
higher education and the work place, including law, journalism and the
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Fulford School directly.
Last updated date: 21 May 2015