Children’s Care, Learning & Development (BTEC) Level 3 Award(1 A’level equivalent) at Sir Frederic Osborn School
This two year course is suitable for GCSE students
or students who have studied the CACHE Certificate who wish to continue in full time
education and gain a qualification in the field of Children’s Play,
Learning and Development.
The course provides the knowledge and skills required to work
with young children. Particular emphasis is placed on observation,
assessment skills and reflective practice, which are valued highly by
employers and higher education institutions.
There are five compulsory units:
• Child Development (1hr 45 mins exam)
• Play in Early Years Settings (Internally set assignment)
• Meeting Children’s Physical Development, Physical Care and
Health Needs (Internally set assignment)
• Health and Safety Practice in Early Years Settings (Internally set
• Collaboration with Parents, Colleagues and Other Professionals
in Early Years (Internally set assignment)
Students will also have the opportunity to achieve a First Aid
A*-C GCSE grades in English, Maths & Science*APS: 40 or above
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sir Frederic Osborn School directly.