Fitness Instructing Level 2 YMCA Diploma at Bridgwater College
This new and exciting course is for students who have a desire and interest in working within the sport and leisure industry as fitness instructors, or who have a passion for sport and want to learn how to develop and improve other people's fitness levels and participation in gym-based fitness. The course will enable students to gain a nationally-recognised qualification within the fitness industry and allow them to progress into the work place with a sound underpinning knowledge and understanding of gym instructing and/or exercise to music.
The course will include both theoretical and practical elements throughout the programme, including:
- Anatomy and physiology for exercise
- Principles of exercise, fitness and health
- Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
- Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
- Understanding the employing organisation, rights and responsibilities
- Understanding the active leisure and learning sector
- Customer service
- Diet and nutrition for healthy living
- Planning and Instructing gym-based exercise
- Planning and Instructing health related exercise and physical activity for children
Alongside this qualification you should also get an opportunity to supplement your fitness career with additional YMCA qualifications including Group Indoor Cycling and Circuit Training.
Five GCSEs in the A* – E range or an appropriate Level 1 qualification.
- Observation and practical exams
- Multiple choice theory exams
- Portfolio of evidence and assignments
The course aims to progress you onto the YMCA Diploma in Personal Training Level 3 course. However, there is also the possibility of progressing to an academic sport course, although this will require specific GCSE and Level 2 qualifications.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.