Land-Based Studies Level 1 Diploma at Bridgwater College
This course is an ideal progression for students who have studied Entry Level 3 in Land-based Studies. However, no prior knowledge of horticulture is necessary although a keen interest and an aptitude for practical, outdoors work is a must.
A programme of practical units, including basic skills to support your transition to College.
You will learn about a range of Land-based subjects, including:
- Plant flower bulbs for naturalisation
- Assist with the vegetative propogation of plants
- Maintenance of equipment
- Maintaining plants
- Risk assessments
- Interview skills
- Health and Safety.
- A passion for the subject
- Entry level qualification in a related subject
- GCSEs including English and Maths at D-G
- Mature students welcome to apply
You will take part in initial assessment to establish your starting point and agree your Individual Learning Aims. You will build a portfolio of evidence, including photographs, tapes, and videos, practical and written assessments. Staff will also observe you both in lessons and on work experience (if relevant). You may have the opportunity to gain national qualifications. Staff are qualified City and Guilds NPTC Assessors and if appropriate students will be encouraged to gain this qualification.
- Level 2 in Horticulture or Countryside Managemnt
- Employment in a Garden Centre/Nursery/Park or private horticultural environment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.