Sport BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate at Lambeth College
This course offers an engaging programme for learners who are clear about the area of employment they wish to enter. The course gives learners a basic grounding in understanding and knowledge of the sport and active leisure sector.
- Fitness testing and training
- Practical sport
- Development of personal fitness
- Nutrition for sports performance
- Functional Skills in English and Maths
Additional activities: You will benefit from trips, visits and enrichment activities which include vocational guest speakers, as well as the use of the gym with extended facilities, spinning bikes, studio classes and a boxing/circuit area. You will also be provided with the opportunity to complete the following vocational qualifications:
- GBWBA wheelchair basketball award
- Boccia community leaders award
- Boccia community referees award
- Level 2 Certificate in Leisure Operations
4 GCSE passes (A*-E) or BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure. If you have not achieved a Grade D or above in English or Maths you will need a Level 1 pass in the initial College assessment.
You could progress onto the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sports Development, Coaching and Fitness or NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lambeth College directly.