Plumbing L2 Diploma at North Lindsey College
You will be working towards the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies. You will learn about electrical principles and processes for building services engineering, common plumbing processes, cold water systems, domestic hot water systems, sanitation, central heating systems, drainage systems, communication with others within building services engineering, scientific principles for domestic, industrial and commercial plumbing and most importantly health and safety in building services engineering.
You will be working towards the Level 2 Diploma in Plumbing Studies, comprising of
the following units:
- Health and Safety in Building Services Engineering
- Electrical Principles and Processes for Building Services Engineering
- Common Plumbing Processes
- Cold Water Systems
- Domestic Hot Water Systems
- Central Heating Systems
- Drainage Systems
- Communicate within Building Services Engineering
- Scientific Principles for Domestic, Industrial and Commercial Plumbing
Those students who have already achieved GCSE English and Maths at grades A-C will also have the opportunity to develop skills in other trade areas.
- A minimum of four GCSEs at grade D or above, which must include English and Maths
- Attendance at College interview
- Successful completion of a practical assessment and aptitude test
Learners will achieve their qualification by completing practical activities and compiling a portfolio of evidence written statements, oral and written questions and photographic evidence. You will also be required to sit and pass externally set and marked on-line exams for each unit.
Upon successful completion of this course learners may progress onto Level 3 Plumbing subject to recommendation by the tutor. If a student gains employment with a plumber it may be possible to progress onto an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact North Lindsey College directly.