Spanish at Dereham Sixth Form College
Spanish enables you to communicate on a wide variety of topics of current and cultural interest. By the end of AS, you will be approaching fluency in the language!
Language skills are much in demand by employers and universities alike. Studying a language will combine well with all other subjects at university. The Russell Group of universities emphasises that a language A Level is a
"facilitating subject" which will be well-regarded for almost any university course.
Students at Dereham Sixth Form College choose Spanish because they have a love of the language and an interest in the country. We like to offer the opportunity to spend a week on an exchange with our partner school in Zaragoza. Spanish is a popular subject and pupils have achieved excellent results over the past few years. We follow the AQA specification. A course that builds upon the progress made at GCSE with greater insight into life in Spain and Spanish-speaking countries.
AS In the first year you will study topics related to modern society and culture and will develop your grammatical understanding.
- Media (TV, Advertising, CommunicationsTechnology) - Popular Culture (Cinema, Music, Fashion &Trends)
- Lifestyle (Sport, Health, Holidays)
- Family & Relationships (Relationships within the
- Family, Marriage & Partnerships. Friendships)
In the second year you will examine topics related to modern society and the Spanish-speaking world.
- Environmentc- Migration
- Contemporary Social Issues
- Study of the films of Pedro Almodóvar
- Study of the period of history in which Spain made the transition from dictatorship to democracy
A*-B in Spanish GCSE.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Dereham Sixth Form College directly.