Children & Young People's Workforce Level 2 Apprenticeship at Somerset College
This is for those looking to start a career in childcare and early years settings such as nurseries. As part of the course, the following core units will be covered:
- Contribute to the support of the positive environments for child and young person’s development and Health & Safety
- Managing paediatric illness and injury unit
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people
- Introduction to communication, personal development and equality in health, social care or children and young people settings
- Safeguard the welfare of children and young people
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour
Four or more GCSEs at grade A-C including Maths and English.
Evidence will be collected through observation of activities in your placement. Functional Skills will also be undertaken during your time at College. You and your assessor will decide when you are ready to undertake assessment for these. You may be exempt from these if you have the necessary Maths and English entry requirements.
Upon successful completion of a Level 2 Apprenticeship you will be given the option to progress on to a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
If you perform well at your placement you may be offered a permanent post, alternatively you can seek employment in any childcare setting.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Somerset College directly.