Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) at Caterham High School
The Extended Project is a single piece of work of a student’s choosing that requires evidence of planning, preparation, research and independent learning. It is available as a standalone qualification for A Level students or may form part of a diploma qualification.
The skills that students develop through the Extended Project are directly relevant to, and useful for, university-level study. Students can refer to the Extended Project in their UCAS personal statements and at interview to demonstrate some of the qualities that universities are looking for.
An Extended Project might be:
- a design;
- a report with findings from an investigation or study;
- a dissertation presenting an argument;
- an artefact;
- a performance
The Extended Project offers opportunities for learners to:
- have significant input into the choice and design of an extended piece of work;
- develop and apply decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, initiative and enterprise;
- extend their planning, research, critical-thinking, analytical, synthesis, valuation and presentation skills;
- use their learning experiences to support their personal aspirations for Higher Education and career development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Caterham High School directly.