Adventurous Sports and Public Services Level 3 BTEC Diploma at Accrington and Rossendale College
This qualification will provide you an opportunity to focus on the development of personal skills, functional skills, and wider skills in an outdoor context, such as environmental issues and health and safety considerations. We have tailored this course to suit the demands of our students and it is made up of both Sports (Outdoor Education) and Public Services.
This course is designed to enable you to:
• Participate in a range of outdoor activities and to try new things.
• Take responsibility for yourself and others.
• Develop teamwork, communication, leadership and other skills.
• Prepare for employment.
• Gain a good qualification and develop your practical skills.
What kind of sports will you participate in
• Rock climbing
• Pot holing
• Hillwalking / mountaineering
5 GCSEs at grades A-C and level 2 English & Maths or equivalent or level 2 in sport or public service.
This course is free of charge for 16 – 18 year olds. There may be an additional cost for trips and equipment but this will be disclosed prior to starting your course.
This course will cost a maximum of £300 for learners aged 19 years old or above. This fee may be reduced or void depending on the individual’s circumstances.
• Level 3 course attracts UCAS points.
• Employment in one of HM Armed Forces.
• Many students progress to further study at degree level in Sport, Outdoor Education or Public Services.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Accrington and Rossendale College directly.