A Level Geography at Regent High School
CHOOSE THIS COURSE IF…
- you enjoy GCSE Geography and are interested in studying Geography or a related humanities subject at university
- you have a passion to continue to learn about the world around us
- you want to develop your interest in human, physical and environmental geography, but with a greater level of choice than found at GCSE
You will undertake four units throughout the course:
Unit 1: ‘Global Challenges’. The meaning, causes and impacts of global challenges.
Unit 2: ‘Geographical Investigations’. A closer look at how physical and human issues influence our lives and can be managed.
Unit 3: ‘Contested Planet’. This unit focuses on the issue of the use and management of often highly contested global resources.
Unit 4: ‘Geographical Research’. This unit gives you a greater range of choice in what you study.
At least 5 A* to C grades at GCSE including English and Maths with at least a grade B in GCSE Geography, English Language and Maths
100% examination, with Unit 1 and Unit 2 studied in AS, and Units 3 and 4 studied and examined in A2.
- university degrees in Geography, Anthropology and many more
- suitable for access to a range of related humanities degrees and others
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS
- Urban Regional Planner
- GIS Programmer or Analyst
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Regent High School directly.